May 07, 2017

So I Had a Crazy Idea...

OK, maybe two crazy ideas!

The first is that I am running a half marathon in two weeks (May 20). That's right, I am willingly running 13.1 miles. I have no idea what possessed me to do such a thing, other than it strangely makes me feel like there's some extra connection with Kevin because he enjoyed running. Not that I ever ran with him while he was alive, but now that I am running, I so wish that was one yes I would have said. If he was here, once he got over the shock that I am actually doing it, he would be so proud and be my biggest fan!

The second crazy idea was that there must be some way to use this to raise support to get our church's mission team to South Africa this summer. We'll be working at Bethesda (http://bethesdaoutreach.org/) with my dear friends Ben and Megan Craig (The Craig Family Tour) and several surrounding churches near Bethesda. I cannot wait to go on this trip and see the amazing work the Lord is doing there!

So here's my crazy plan: get some people to pledge money per mile that I run during the half-marathon that will be used to either purchase plane tickets or purchase supplies and gifts for the children and missionaries at Bethesda. I know it's only two weeks away, so this might not be the most amazing idea I've ever had, but I am hoping it will be one that will open the door to allow more people to be part of this trip, without ever leaving their homes. Plus, the checks can be made out to Calvary Baptist Church and what you donate will be tax deductible.

So, if you would like to donate, you can let me know by contacting me here on the blog or on Facebook. Even if you just donate $1/mile, that would be great. (Barring some unforeseen, crazy events, I'll be running 13.1 miles, but we'll just call it good at 13! It makes the math easier!) If even 10 people would donate $5/mile, that would be $650 dollars toward the trip! That would be such a huge blessing for me and our team!

I know, this isn't super official or very organized, but I'd love to have you journey with us on this trip, whether through prayer, financial support, or both. (And you know there will be at least one post when I get back!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment