December 07, 2015

Something I've never done....

So, I feel like I should make this post, yet I feel totally awkward making it, all at the same time. So, bear with me.

From the very first time I heard the Natalie Grant song "Clean" I could not get it out of my head. It brings me to tears and brings joy and laughter at the same time. The truth is so needed, in my life and the lives of so many I know. I actually broke down and bought the accompaniment track to this because, well, there's just something about singing such powerful words and hearing your own voice louder than anything else. Hearing yourself preaching truth to yourself can be so powerful. And it's just what my weary soul needed. I needed the reminder that it didn't matter what I have done, what I do tomorrow, or what I do ten years from now, Christ's blood makes me clean when I turn that wrong choice, those harsh words, that rebellion, that sin over to Him. And there is NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING that can separate you from His love when you are His child. If you aren't His child, there is NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING that you've ever done that would keep Him from offering His grace, mercy, love, and salvation to you every day. And trust me, no matter what sin you have committed, no matter how big or horrible it is in your eyes, you are not alone. The Bible tells us in Romans 3:23 that "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Everyone has been where you've been. Even those who are His children now. We didn't start out that way! The joy of John 3:16-17 as it declares "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." That's the joy of what we celebrate at Christmas: that Jesus, the God-Man, came to earth in a lowly manger, but didn't stay in that manger. He grew to be the One and Only sacrifice for every sin we ever commit in our entire lives! One sacrifice for all.

If you're drowning in sin, don't know where to turn, and feel like you wandered too far for God to ever rescue you, I promise, He loves you and He's got His hand out ready to pull you to safety and salvation. Call His name. He will answer! Oh Christian, have you strayed? Has the world gotten the better of you? Have you forgotten the One whose name you bear in the midst of the hustle and bustle? Call His name. He will answer. No matter who you are, where you're from, or what you've done, His blood has paid the price for your every sin. When you ask His forgiveness, He'll wipe every stain away. He trades our dirty, filthy rags for His righteousness and glorious robes. He took our sin on that old Roman cross and gave us His heavenly garments. Amen! It's not too late. While you have breath in your lungs, it's not too late. Call His name. Shout it with all your might. Whisper it with what little strength you have left after a long, hard battle. Cry it out like you have been every day for the last year. He hears. He sees. He knows. He washes clean.

So, I want to share this song, "Clean", with you in my own voice so you can hear the truth from my lips. This song is true of my life and the life of every person who has given their lives over to Christ. The details may be different for each person, but the outline of the story is the same: we sinned, He paid the price, He offers His blood in the place of our sins, we receive forgiveness and eternal life. I don't have the best voice for this song and I definitely hit a few sour notes here and there (it was hard to sing without blubbering like an idiot. Crying is my gift, after all!) I know you can look up Natalie Grant's version or hear it in any church done much more beautifully, but I am leaving this here in hopes that someone who needs this truth will hear it and turn their lives over to God to be Lord and Master of their life. It doesn't matter what walk of life you are in, how much or little money you have, how many times you've been married, how many times you've been in jail, how jealous you are of your next door neighbor, how many of His gifts you overlooked today, or how much time you spent gossiping about others this week. He offers His gift of salvation, His cleansing blood, for every stain, every sin, every person. I pray that you will be flooded with joy as you realize what Christ has done on your behalf!



1 comment: