March 02, 2015

...To those who only see the Pinterest perfect FaceBook mom they'll never be-we speak God's Truth to You...

I wrote those words last week as part of a script for our Mother's Day service at church this year. I cried when I wrote them. My heart was screaming them. Well, the first part, anyway. But it wasn't until today I realized how much I need the last part. I need His truth to overwhelm and renew my mind DAILY. Today I am tired and I don't feel well, which only leads to comparison and bitterness and loneliness and the list could go on and on and on and on! It's not healthy and it's not from God. I am so thankful I have friends who will pray for me, text me scripture, and speak encouraging words to me.

I want to do the same for you. I keep typing words and erasing them, trying to find just the right thing to say. It's been a long year, full of so many ups and downs in our house. We've battled disobedient children, health issues, depression, frustration, bitterness, laziness, pride, and so much more (sounds like your year, too, huh?) I am tired. I am weary of the fight. This winter is lasting forever and many days I can't see spring at the end. Some days are so full of joy and laughter I could burst and some days are so full of tears and despair I don't want to get out of bed. I want to wallow in despair, crying "Poor me!" I want to act like nothing bad ever happens to anyone else and I am the only victim in this world. There have been days I've cried to God, "Why can't I just send my kids to public school so I can go back to bed and ignore this day?!?" (I am not implying that is what moms with kiddos in public school do, just what I would like to do some days!) I've had days full of praise for being able to spend so much time with my kids and being able to watch them learn and grow. I've had days when all I can do is go through the motions and hope the kids don't see me crying. I've had other days that were so full of laughter and hugs that I can't hardly stand it! I've had days where I've been paralyzed by fear and doubt. Other days I have been bold and courageous.Haven't we all? Isn't this just life? There will always be good days and bad days. But, no matter how many good days there are, my mind always wanders to the bad ones. I linger on the hard days. I pull out the negative and set up camp. Rather than resting in the loving arms of my Savior, I choose to dwell in the pit of the Father of Lies. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to remember His truth, cling to His promises, and serve Him with all that I have, regardless of my circumstance. I no longer want to be held captive by my feelings. Oh, Father, speak Your truth to me every day! Give me a hunger for Your word that surpasses any whim I may have for anything else. Help me to memorize Your word so that I can have it with me at all times. Lord, help me dwell on Your word, regardless of the circumstance. Here are just a few of the verses bringing me encouragement, comfort, and the reminder to to turn everything back to Him in praise:

Psalm 30:5 His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life. Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY* comes in the morning.
Lamentations 3:24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."
Psalm 42:5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 43:3-4 Send me Your light and Your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise You with the lyre, oh God my God.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.
Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

What verses are an encouragement to you on the hard days? Let's share some encouragement with one another today! Let's speak God's truth to one another and whisper songs of God's JOY* and love to each other today!

No comments:

Post a Comment