July 07, 2014

Thankful for a #greatbigGod When I Feel Like a #failure

Oh, so many times the past few weeks I've felt like a failure.  Failure as a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, human being.  So thankful that I have a loving, merciful, gracious, big God who fills in my gaps and picks me up when I fall.  Thought I would try to be humorous with my recent failures!

#momfail Remember how I said at the start of the summer I was going to work hard to teach each of the kiddos one of the household chores so that they could start doing that on a regular basis?  Hasn't happened. At all. Like, didn't even try.

#momfail Remember how I also said that I was going to be diligent about helping Ethan to be better able to finish tasks this summer?  I was going to follow him and help him focus, give him just one step at a time to work on, etc. Guess what?  That hasn't happened either.

#momfail I still have not been good about making sure my kids have time with their friends.  We spent lots of time at the pool, but usually just us, and if we were there with friends, it was purely accidental!

#wifefail #momfail #stayathomemomfail Housework.  Seriously.  I can't keep up with it.  I'd like to say that it's because it's summer and we've been out having too much fun...but...that would not be the truth.  I have just as much trouble the rest of the year when we're not outside having too much fun.  I just find other things to do that are more fun.

#teacherfail I started working on a James devotional to use with my family and put here on my website for other families to use.  That was almost 2 years ago.  I made through chapter one.  Maybe a few verses in chapter two. And that is all.  I have gotten no further.  I have made attempts, but it just isn't happening.  Good thing I don't write books.

#vacationfail I left my suitcase and E's favorite pair of pajamas behind when we left my mom's.  Tears ensued. From both of us.

#eatlesssugarfail I also recall saying I was going to start eating less sugar. But, I forgot how good sugar tastes. The scale doesn't forget how bad it is for me, though!

#teacherfail Other than buying the books we need, I've done nothing for school next year.  I've also done little to nothing to keep their brains from turning to mush over the summer.

#exercisefail I had such good intentions of exercising this summer.  Didn't happen. Except for the nights we've gotten together at church.  I'm hoping those T25 sessions make up for the myriad of other days I did nothing!

#friendfail I have spent maybe a total of 2 hours just enjoying friends this summer.  I had so wanted to spend time this summer soaking up friendships, enjoying the discussion, relishing what God was doing all around me.  Instead, I've, well, I don't even know what I did, but it wasn't spending time with friends.

#bloggingfail I had intended to blog more this summer, sharing my heart and need for helpers with our Afterschool Adventures kids.  While I have done a few blogs on them, I have yet to really feel like I've helped you all fall as much in love with them as we have.

#planningfail I had intended to have all of the Kidz Choir Fall Semester rehearsals planned and ready to go before July.  That did not happen.  I have now moved the goal to before I head to TX.  This goal may have to be moved again after next week.

#wifefail I can't even tell you the last time we had any form of date night.

Lord, help me to keep my eyes on You, not all the distractions around me.  Use these failures, and all the others, as a reminder that I am in need of Your grace and Your strength to do all that You have called me to do.  Help me to turn to You each day, as I start my day, and place that day in Your hands.  Help me to trust You with my husband, my children, my plans. Mold me and shape me to be more like You each day.  I thank you that, as THIS SONG says, the cross has already won the war!

No comments:

Post a Comment