December 13, 2012

Yep, That's Right, More Randomness!

Just gonna ramble:
-Believe it or not, I have really enjoyed our Light 'Em Up activities this month!  I don't really think that I could do more than one a week, but what we've done has gone well, and even gotten me out of my comfort zone some!  We still have a long way to go, as individuals and as a family, but God is moving and changing our hearts.  In fact, the other day when I was making the icing for the cookies, as Ethan was licking the beater (don't worry, we were done with it), he looked at me and said, "Mommy, we can use this icing to tell people about Jesus!"  Lord, keep moving!

-I have also really enjoyed the way we are doing Christmas this year.  We cut out most of the gifts for our own family this year.  We wanted to focus on Christ and others, so we did our best to stick to gifts that were needed/or useful, yet still will be enjoyed by the receiver.  Though we didn't make the gifts for our kids, we did make many of the gifts we are giving to the rest of our family.  Man, I have enjoyed that so much!  I have also gotten some help from some amazing ladies.  Again, God is so good to me and I so don't deserve it!

-Finally started reading 7 tonight.  I know God is going to do amazing, crazy, awesome things in me, and hopefully my family, as I read this book and share it with my family.  I don't want to go overboard, but I do want to look at areas where we can get rid of excess in order to give to those truly in need (because, though many times we would like to think of ourselves as in need, we aren't!)  I don't want to "downsize" and "declutter" just for the sake of doing it, I want to replace those things with the habit of thinking of and giving to others.  I truly want the "lack of things" to be a blessing to our family and those we will now be able to love on because of it.  Lord, move in a mighty way.  Let this bring unity and love to each heart in this house!

-I was again reminded this week how hard it is to be obedient when the world and church members around us just don't "get it."  I mean, so often I am so much more concerned with what people will think of me for the decisions I make than I am about being obedient and doing the will of my Father.  It's just so silly, yet so hard to break out of that "people pleaser" mentality.  Lord, help me to hear Your call, and obey immediately and whole-heartedly, even if no one else goes with me or understands or even if the whole world thinks I am crazy.  Help me to choose to see your example versus the blank stares or accusing glances.  Help me to encourage others who choose to obey Your voice, when everyone else around them is criticizing. 

Lord, do amazing things.  Remind me that You alone want us to have life more abundantly, and that kind of life can only be found in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment