December 31, 2012

Intentional

That's my word for 2013: INTENTIONAL.  I want to be intentional about all areas of life, hoping to use that to bring glory to God and a change in my heart, my lifestyle, my family, my church, and my community.  This is a huge task and I know it will only be possible with God's strength and guidance. 

I want to be more intentional with a consistent time of prayer and study in the Word.  Up to this point it just happens when it happens.  I don't want that to be the case anymore.  This year I will be studying the book of James as I write the devotions that go with our scripture memory starting in the fall.  Lord, help me to be intentional as I seek You in Your Word and in prayer each day!

I also want to be more intentional as a family as we seek where and who God would have us serve.  Lord, show us those around us who need Your touch and show us how we can be salt and light to our community. 

Also, I want to be more intentional with our finances, to be a good steward with our resources so we can use as much as possible to help others, to love on them and help them see God's truth.  Lord, show us things we can live without so that others can simply live.  Show us people and places that need what we have in excess so we can give them what they need.  Show us places we can go, as individuals and as a family, to share Your truth.

Lord, help us to be intentional with our family.  Help Kevin and I to be always making the most of the teachable moments You give us.  Help us to always be pointing these precious children to You and Your truth! 

Lord, help me to be more intentional with our schooling.  Help me to find ways to declare Your truth and to show them You in everything we study.  Help me to be consistent with our learning and provide fun ways for them to discover this amazing world You created.  Help me to teach them so they can in turn go out and teach others about You and all that You created and have done for Your creation.

Lord, change my heart!  Change me into someone who hungers and thirsts after You!  Change me into someone who desires to be less me and more You!  Help these changes to change my family and all those around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment