December 26, 2012

Completely Incomplete

At the first Christmas Eve service we went to this past Monday I was reminded of one of the greatest promises Christ gives us.

Sitting behind me at the service was a young boy who found his mother dead just a week before.  He was a very handsome and sweet looking young man, yet you could see the sadness in his eyes.  He was very polite, speaking to anyone who spoke to him, but you still could not escape the sadness in his eyes.  Sitting two people away from him was another young man, perhaps about the same age, who has autism.  What a contrast between those two boys.  The second boy was exuding joy and excitement over everyone and everything he saw or had seen in the last few days.  And I couldn't help but think how completely incomplete both were, here on this earth.  And I am no different.  And you are no different. But one day, if these men choose to make Christ their Lord and Master, they will be in Heaven with Him and be completely complete.  And so will I.  And so will all believers!  What a promise!  Thank You, Lord, that no matter the source of our incompleteness, no matter what disability or struggle here on earth, it will one day vanish as we worship at the feet of our Savior in Heaven!  Lord, help me to never lose sight of eternity while living here in the temporal!

(Two great songs from that service that really struck me with those two boys who were sitting behind me!)

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

Joy to the World

No comments:

Post a Comment