November 13, 2012

Just a Wife (and Mom) of Pretty Good Character

OK, perhaps that title should more accurately be "A Wife (and Mom) of Pretty Questionable Character", but since the conference I just participated in had the other title, I thought I would upgrade myself for the night!  ;)  Anyway, here's a glimpse into my sub-par life and how God is using that to grow me!  (Don't worry, I am not berating myself, just having a little fun with my less than stellar parental/wifely days!)

--I wear sweat pants everyday.  And I mean every.day.  Sometimes even in the summer.  My poor husband.  So thankful he loves me anyway!  I did wear jeans one day last week...at least part of the day...perhaps I should try to step it up a little here!  I have an awesome husband who deserves so much more! 
--By the time dinnertime comes I.am.done!  It is a real struggle for me to desire to have a meal at the dining room table versus in front on the TV while sitting on my comfy couch!  For one, I've been sitting at the dining room table most of the day doing school.  Secondly, I've already heard pretty much any and all stories that both kids have to share on any given day.  Plus, I was there for every moment of their day, so there's really no need to ask any questions about it.  Don't get me wrong, I love staying home and homeschooling, but for me, this is one of the areas where I really have to work on my attitude!  I must remember that Kevin wasn't with us all day and he hasn't heard the stories or how their day went.
--And if you think I've checked out by dinner, just imagine bedtime!  I am so blessed and thankful to have a husband who looks forward to his fun and unique-to-each-child bedtime routines (that's why I can sit here right now and type out this blog.)  And the kids look forward to it, too.  It's just good for all involved!  I LIVE FOR BEDTIME!!!! (and those few quiet moments to myself in in a day!)
--I really struggle to keep up with the cleaning and laundry, etc.  I feel terrible because I am home all day and I feel like this just shouldn't be this difficult, but nothing I try seems to work.  The house just always feels chaotic and messy.  Oh, how I pray that some day God will help me work all this out!

But, you know, as I sit here typing this, in the midst of the crazy mess that I am, I cannot help but be overwhelmed with gratitude.  Each day the Lord continues to pour His grace on me.  Each day He gives me one more day with my amazing gift of a husband.  Each day I am blessed with more time to love on and cherish my sweet children.  Each day He shows me more of Himself, even though I know I still have a long way to go to be the servant I need to be.  Each day I desire to be more like Him and desire for my children and family to be more like Him.  What a blessing!  What a gift!  What a reason to get up and keep going each day.  I may not be perfect, my house may not be perfect, my family may not be perfect, but my God is, and I feel honored to get to know more about Him each day.  I love being able to see him in all things, little and big, each day.  Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment