October 13, 2012

Only 2 more weeks....

I can't believe it!  Our first Ladies In Purple conference is just two weeks away!  Where has the time gone?  I am both nervous and excited for this event.  I feel so unprepared and unworthy to be standing in front of these ladies, knowing that I feel so overwhelmed and chaotic myself!  But, I am praying that God will use that to speak to others who I am sure feel the same.  We will join together in prayer and push through, knowing that God has greater plans and a fuller life than we could ever imagine!

As you will know, if you've read any of my blog posts, my heart is warring within me! I so strongly desire to be an instrument for the King in this world in which I live, yet I have no idea how to make it happen!  Last week I had the great opportunity to serve alongside an amazing family as they held a huge yard sale to raise money to bring home their son, David, from Africa.  What a great time that was!  It was amazing to see the body of Christ come together, from all faiths and walks of life, to donate time and materials for this sweet family.  This was so good for my soul, but also gave me the desire to do more.  But, I must admit, it feels like all I can do is so small and insignificant that it hardly seems worth the effort.  Praising God for an amazing reminder through Beth Moore in her study of James: "God is practical.  He doesn't ask us to do what doesn't matter.  What seems a drop in the bucket to you is a sip from the wellspring of life to someone about to thirst to death.  Let's muster the courage to ask Him to show us who to help and how.  True religion is all hands on deck and all heads out of the sand.  The mystery is that, there, we often find our own healing and fulfilling."  Wow, what I think of as so small it couldn't do anyone any good, is really life changing for someone in desperate need!  Lord, move my heart to be a heart like Yours, seeking out those who need Your touch in their lives. 

I was reading Jen Hatmaker's blog today and was just overwhelmed with the world's need for Him, in very real ways.  I wanted to jump off the couch, get on a plane, and go join them in Haiti, spreading His love by being His hands and feet!  Oh, how my heart aches to take my little family of four to the ends of the earth, to see how the rest of the world lives, to sit in the midst of a third-world country and see, not only their physical hunger, but the spiritual hunger that almost consumes them.  To see how those, who have nothing, give everything they have to those around them who are even more in need than they are.  Why don't we live that we?  We have been given so much, yet we don't rush to give it to those who are far more in need than we are.  Lord, change our hearts.  Change our attitudes.  Change our responses.  Begin to make our hearts bleed with Your love and compassion.  Show us how to be like You so that we can, in turn, show our children how to be like You.  Overwhelm us with Your love and grace so that it spills out on our children and all those around us.  Show us how to show our love here, in our own neighborhood and community, so that we can then take that love to the world. 

I thank you in advance for your prayers over our conference and our family.  Please join us in prayer for the following:
-Safe travel to and from the conference.  I will be driving, first to AR (yes, I get to see the Keck's and Taylor's...my heart is soaring!), then on to Dallas.  The first part of the trip will just be Sophie and I and the last part of the trip will just be Sara and I. 
-Pray the Lord will bless the time I have with Sara and Mandy in AR and the time that Sophie will have with them while I am in TX. 
-Pray that God will already be working in the hearts of those who will be attending the conference.  Pray that He will clear schedules, hearts, and minds so that the Holy Spirit can work and move.
-Pray for clear direction and wisdom as I share my testimony with these precious ladies.  My heart and mind are a jumble of about a million things right now.  I need to focus!
-Pray for good memories so we can share God's truth with these women.
-Pray for Kevin as he is home with Ethan while Sophie and I are gone.  Pray that God will bless the time they get to share, just daddy and son.
-Pray that God will clearly show our family how to best serve Him with all that He has given us.

I'll be sure to write post-conference and include as much info and as many pictures as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment