August 28, 2012

Exciting News!!!

So, for the last month or so a thought has been brewing in my mind.  I have been praying about and thinking about how we can be more intentionally missional as a family, not as an "extra-curricular" kind of thing, but as a lifestyle.  I was really convicted that we needed to find something that, as a family, we could make or do as a family to sell and use that money to support some form of mission work.  Of course, being the stubborn person that I am, I hadn't really talked it over with Kevin much, feeling like I could come up with a plan all on my own.  However, that just wasn't happening.  So, I finally sat down with Kevin and told him what I was thinking and hoped he might be able to come up with some idea of what we could do.  As soon as I told him what I was thinking, he immediately had the answer (isn't that just like God?  When we finally "give in" and "shut our mouths and know our role" and submit to the way God intended things to be, things seem to work out!)  As most of you probably know, Kevin really enjoys building furniture.  What you may not know is that he has really been wanting to do more of it.  So, as soon as I told him what I felt we needed to do as a family, he said, "We can build furniture and sell it and use the money for missions." (OK, that may not be exactly what he said, but it was the general idea!)  I was thrilled!  It was just the answer I was looking for.  Each piece that he has built all four of us have helped to build, in some part of the process.  Now, we aren't quite ready to start taking orders, but I can't wait to be able to do this as a family and be able to give to missions, as a family, on a fairly regular basis.  Stay tuned for when we're ready to start and for pics of things Kevin has already built!  Thanks for sharing in our life and mission!!!!

PS--Sophie and I will probably also be making and selling no sew tu-tus and hair clips.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are aware of what God has planned for your family. Go for it! Sandy

    ReplyDelete