December 29, 2011

Intentional

That's going to be my word for 2012.  Intentional!  I want to be more intentional about so many things in my life:
--I want to be more intentional about my time alone in the Word and prayer.  I want to be intentional about setting aside time for this and not allowing a single day to go by without this precious, most important time.  It is important for me and for my family that I have this time.
--I want to be intentional about teaching my children scripture and about learning more scripture myself. 
--I want to be more intentional about how I spend my time and money so that I can be a witness to my children of good stewardship, generosity, and sacrificial living. 
--I want to be more intentional about teaching my children selflessness.  I want them to have a heart for others before themselves.  I want my children to see in me a desire for all to know Him and I want them to have that desire, as well.
--I want to be intentional in my homeschooling, making the most of this amazing opportunity to show that God truly is in everything.   I want to make the most of the time I have with both of my children each day, to train them in the way that God would have them go and pray each day that they will hold fast to what they learn and that they will be drawn into relationship with God at an early age.

Of course, there's much more in my heart than I could possibly list here...and just looking at this list overwhelms me.  How can I do this?  Will I even be able to accomplish one thing on this list, let alone all of them?

Oh, Lord, lead me and guide me as I strive to seek and serve you with my whole heart.  Help me to be intentional in every area of my life that I may know You more and help others to know You more, as well.  Lord, help me to model a life of loving sacrifice as we share all you have given us with others that others may see Your love through us.  Lord, keep me focused on You at all times in all things.  Lord, remind me that you are my strength and my shield.  Thank You, Lord, for the many blessings You have lavished on us.  Show us how you would have us use those same blessings to bless someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment