October 25, 2011

So, I'm Turning 33 This Weekend

Can you believe it?  I know I can't!  How did this time go by so fast!  Wasn't I just a cute little toddler only months ago?!?!?!  I'm sure I was!  And I certainly don't feel 33 (not that 33 is really all that old).  I still feel like a college kid and I keep expecting the real parents of these two kids in my house to come and get them.  I mean, surely I am not old enough or responsible enough to have two children of my own!!  ;)

But, as I look back over my 33 years, I have so much to be thankful for!  And I have needed those reminders this week.  It has been a week of feeling off kilter, out of whack, and waaaaay behind in everything.  I looked around my house and saw piles of this and piles of that and just wanted to sit and cry.  And me wanting to sit and cry is never a good thing, because that's about the time that I just give up! 

But, our Lord is good and He has reminded me several times this week of the many blessings and joys He's placed in this silly little lady's life.  Lord, thank You for new mercies every morning and always having a reason to praise, worship, and smile!  And thank You for this amazing family You've given me!  They make me laugh, smile, cry, wring my hands, shake my head, and praise You.  Everyday they teach me a little more about me and even more about You and the grace and patience You lavish on me every moment of every day!






No comments:

Post a Comment