July 21, 2011

1,000 Gifts Week 11...and, of course, some random musings

Well, another week has gone by.  How has this summer gone by so fast?  Wasn't it still winter just yesterday?  And now, here we are, almost in August?!?!?!?!?  I have had a blast this summer with the kids, friends, and family, but it has disappeared way too quickly!  For this week, I'll just post some random thoughts and summer of our many blessings from the last 11 weeks. 

--As my sister and her husband entered the newest phase of their struggle for a child, I was overwhelmed with how amazing our God is!  I mean, there are so many things that scream this, but this week, for me, it was His complete sovereignty over life and the awesome fact that we can have children at all.  All the things that have to work together perfectly and at just the right time to produce a child...I just don't see how anyone cannot declare that He is the sole author and giver of life.  I am amazed!
--I was also overwhelmed this week with my own humanness as, once again, I sat there feeling like the junior high girl left out of the cool table.  Then, I felt even  more frustrated when I had to admit that the reason I was feeling that way was because that is what I chose!  I am the one who continually chooses to not reach out and not make friends and not put forth any effort with the friends I already have.  There is no one to be upset with but myself!
--We will be starting school in just a few weeks!  (Again, how did that come upon us so quickly?!?!?!)  I am nervous and excited all at once.  But, again, as I was thinking of that this week I was burdened for our public school teachers.  What a mission and calling they have!  I am praying that the Lord will just open door after door after door for Godly school teachers across the nation that His name might be declared to thousands of young students desperately in need of the Savior!

Thank You, Lord, for the blessing you lavish upon us, both physically and spiritually.  Open my eyes to see them all, from the smallest, to the biggest.  From the ones that seem tragic to the ones that scream with joy.  Let me be ever mindful of Your presence at all times in every place I go.  You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords!  Hallelujah!

Two beautiful Girls! 

A wonderful small group!

Blessing jars so each of us can count our blessings!

Sweet friends

 Fun times with Friends

Brother and sister having fun together!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment