June 12, 2011

8 Years of Holy Matrimony!

That's right, this Tuesday Kevin and I will celebrate 8 years of marriage!  So, I'll be doing a few wedding themed posts..or at least hope to!  So, here goes!

Kevin and I wrote our own vows.  Here are mine to Kevin:

It was 28 months ago today that we went on our first date!  That was the beginning of a wonderful journey that has brought us to this day.  As I sat across from you that night, I could never have imagined I would come to love you as much as I do today...but I did have full confidence that we were starting a relationship that would never end.  I am so excited to become your wife today!!  Just as our dating relationship was bathed in payer, I promise to pray for you, our marriage and the family we will one day have.  I promise to daily spend time int he word, to continue growing spiritually, and to encourage you to do the same.  I promise to strive daily to be the wife the Bible instructs me to be, to love you unconditionally, and to support you in all you do.  I have full confidence you will be a strong spiritual leader for our family and, knowing this, I will support your decisions.  I will hold your hand and walk beside you into the unknown as God continues to guide our path.  I will remain faithful to you and prefer you above all others for as long as I live.  I love you so much and I am very blessed that God has placed you in my life.  I know He will continue to guide us as husband and wife for the rest of our lives.  I give this ring to you as a symbol of my love for you.  Just as the circular shape has no end, my love for you will have no end. 

He didn't want me to share his, but believe me, they were amazing!  So beautifully written and so heartfelt!  I'll keep trying to persuade him to let me share them, but if not, just know they were perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment