May 13, 2011

1000 Gifts-Week 1

Well, I have just about completed my first week of listing 1000 gifts (and hopefully more) that God has lavished on me.  It has helped me to be more gracious and more observant!  Next week I am going to add a journal for Sophie.  While I list as many as God brings to light in a day (throughout the day), Sophie will only list one or two at the beginning of each day, and when an ungrateful or poor attitude rears it's ugly head, I'll use those things she writes down to remind her that God has given her much more than whatever it is she's upset about at the moment!  Anyway, just thought I would share a few things with you from this week (pics included!)

Time spent reading God's word before the children get up! 

CLEAN CLOTHES!!!!!

We've been watching these birds since they were just 4 little eggs.  The kids are so enamored by them and we've had a great time using these birds to teach them that, if God cares so much for even these tiny birds, think how much more He cares for us!

Feeding the ducks with my three favorite people!

I love his quirky little run!

He is actually sitting in my lap.  It's rare and something that I LOVE!

My sweet girl!

Precious friends.

Sweet Shea, God's reminder that He has adopted us as His children!

Love. 

Ducks, Sophie, and the sweet sound of a fountain.

Ethan and God's beautiful creations-two of the best gifts God has given!


No comments:

Post a Comment