February 10, 2011

Time Flies, Kids Grow, One Chapter Begins Where Another Ends

So, last night as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I realized that this May I will be able to celebrate that I graduated from college 10 years ago!  That made me feel pretty old!  Then, I realized that it was 14 years ago this fall that I stepped onto the HLG campus as a first-time freshman (that's FF-FA97 for those of you in admissions, registrar, financial aid, or the business office!).  I am just amazed at how time flies!  And, I am amazed at how good God is, and was in that time.  College was one of the best, craziest, silliest emotionally draining times of my life and I can't imagine having survived it without Him, even if most of the time I wasn't really thinking much about Him or I was wondering where He was...He was there all the time. I am so thankful He led to a Christian college.  I never would have survived in a secular school.  Don't get me wrong, I do think God calls some Christian students to be salt and light on secular campuses, but I was not one of them.  I was so young and naive and trusting that I would have been eaten alive before the end of my first semester!  Yes, God is good and is always in control!

This week, for the first time, Sophie made her own lunch all by herself (well, I heated it in the microwave, but she did the rest.)  She made a pepperoni and cheese "pizza" on a tortilla.  I went to change Ethan's diaper and came back and she had it ready to go in the microwave.  I wasn't sure if I should be proud that she was able to do it all on her own, or sad that there was one less thing she needed me to do!  Ok, I was both!  She is just growing up too fast!  I can't believe that she will be 5 this year.  Where, oh where, does the time go?!?!?!?!

Well, I guess I should let you all know: I am hanging up the cape (which, according to The Incredibles, is safer for me, anyway) as Bibleman has come to an end.  Though I don't really know all the details, the company that owned Bibleman closed down the portion of their company that produced all the Bibleman videos, etc., last fall.  As far as I know, there are no plans to make any more videos.  It's kind of weird, a year or two ago I think this would have had me sitting in tears for at least a week and I would have been doubting that I was ever supposed to do anything with theatre or acting again. (Ok, I can be a bit of a drama queen.)  But, again, God's timing is perfect.   After spending many months praying about what God wanted me to do with this gift He's given me, I have been so blessed to be able to do quite a bit at church, even though Bibleman will be no more.  Even more, I have two wonderful children and an amazing husband and I feel more fulfilled and joyful now than ever before.  God has truly made me content where I am and blessed me beyond measure!  I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been part of such a unique ministry and with such sweet, God-loving people.  But, I am just as excited to see all that lies ahead and how God will continue to move in all our lives, with or without Bibleman!!!

 Old School Summer New Ed in San Antonio (I think) summer 1999.
 The HLG Valentine Banquet my senior year.
Bibleman in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment