September 13, 2010

What Kind of Day Has it Been

Yes, that is me stealing from Aaron Sorkin (that is the title of the season one finale for all three of his TV series--Sports Night, The West Wing, and Studio 60).  It feels like it's been totally crazy here all day!  It all started out by me forgetting to set my alarm, so I wasn't up to do any Bible study, prayer, shower, anything before the kids were up.  Then, the kids were grumpy from the moment they woke up.  Of course, I have to admit that I was also probably a bit grumpy because my day didn't start the way I wanted it!  And the whole day just went on that way!  Even at the park, the kids were grumpy!  Arrrrgh!  I ended the day with Ethan in bed early (because he woke up at 3 this morning and then never did take a nap), Sophie in her room for the night because she was in trouble, and me in tears!

Even after all this time at home, I am still struggling with finding a schedule.  Sleep seems to be what is keeping things from working.  You see, it doesn't seem to matter when I go to sleep, I always wake up feeling like I didn't sleep at all.  I have tried taking Midnight, Melatonin, and even sleeping pills, but no matter what I have tried, and even when I sleep all night long, I still wake up feeling like I was awake all night.  I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions...a change in diet, or routine?  I am willing to try pretty much anything at this point!  See, my goal is to be able to get up early enough to be able to get in Bible Study and prayer time, as well as some exercise before the kids get up.  But, because I feel like I haven't slept, it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed by the time the kids get up.  Then my whole day is thrown off and I go around all day in a daze because I am so tired!  It is so frustrating and my day is always better when I can get up and spend time in the Word before the craziness of the day starts!  Anyone out there have a schedule that works for them?  Any advice on how to get up and get going?  I appreciate all the help!
 

2 comments:

  1. Heather--sorry I'm so late to this post. Hope and pray you've had some improvement in your sleeping issues.

    Assuming:
    1) you're not under some extraordinary life-stress or chronic worry,
    2) you're eating a healthy diet and living a sensible lifestyle,
    3) you have a good pillow and a firm mattress...

    ...my lovely wife, Sheila, is something of a surrogate mom/doctor for a lot of the young women at our church. If Melatonin didn't work, she wonders if you've maybe got some anemia? Or a B12 deficiency? Have you tried taking 500-1000mg of calcium/magnesium before bedtime?

    Here's the big medical book she uses for our family:


    Pray you get relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! Dunno why the link didn't come thru above...

    http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Medicine-Healthier-Living-Conventional/dp/0895298678/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285293856&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete