May 01, 2010

Randomness

So, there are a ton of random thoughts just going through my head, so I thought I would share:

--It has been so fun watching Ethan start to stand and walk. He can now stand on his own, but he still has to hold onto someone or something to walk...and he totally looks like a drunk, but it's so cute! Anyway, he is now to the point where all he needs is to hold onto one of your fingers and he can walk. I keep thinking, "It's one finger, how much help can that be? Just let go and walk." But, as soon as you let go, he either just stops walking and stands still or sits down. He won't even try to walk on his own. I keep thinking that, with many things our children do, there has to be some kind of spiritual application to gain from this...but...it hasn't come to me yet, so if you have one after reading this, please let me know!
--Sophie finished her last Pre-K class this week. I can't believe the year has gone this fast. We are still looking ahead to next year. I am trying to figure out a schedule that will work. I want to be sure she has fun, yet I want to work in a little learning, too. Any ideas on an easy schedule we can do? Ethan usually naps right after lunch. Sophie and I both work better in the mornings. I don't want her to feel like all she does is homework and housework, but I want to work both into the schedule.
--Still working on being able to get up before the kiddos so that I can do my Bible study time and exercise before they get up. Ideally, I would like to be up about 5:30, but find that hasn't been happening very consistently. It seems that no matter how early or late I go to bed, I just can't get up before 6:30, but with Ethan waking up between 6:30 and 7:00, that doesn't leave much time for Bible study and no time for exercise. Part of the problem is that no matter how many hours of sleep I get, I wake up feeling as though I didn't sleep at all. Any ideas how to fix that?
--I love Francine Rivers books. I totally think they should turn The Mark of the Lion series (or at least the first two books) into movies. I think they would be amazing and I think they would appeal to many groups, even though there is a Christian theme. And I think they should cast Joaquin Phoenix in it. Just my humble opinion, of course.
--Really wishes that Aaron Sorkin were a Christian and would write Christian films and TV shows. That man is a genius and an amazing writer!
Ok, I think those are all the random thoughts for now! Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment